Free Onsite Parking
211 E. High Street,
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Collaborative Divorce - A different way to divorce
If you have found this website, it is likely that you and your spouse or partner are looking at changing or ending your relationship. Or you may simply be concerned about someone else who is facing that situation. Going through a separation and divorce is difficult, and the process can be very challenging.
Collaborative Divorce offers an alternative to traditional litigation and conflict, and may be a more productive way to bring resolution to disputes.
Collaborative law may work for you and your spouse if you:
- Want to encourage an atmosphere of respect, even though you and your spouse disagree
- Desire to prioritize the needs of your children
- Hope to work creatively and constructively to solve problems
- Seek to move beyond present frustration to plan for the future
- Believe you and your spouse can treat each other fairly and ethically
- Wish to maintain control of the divorce process, rather than place it in the hands of a Judge
It is possible that many well-intentioned friends have tried to offer advice, but the fact is that every divorce is different and the advice that friends are offering may or may not be useful or even legally correct. Sound legal advice will assist you in making the best choices for you and your family so that you can move forward in a productive fashion in the next stage of your life.
About David J. Toscano
David has been practicing family law since 1986. He added a collaborative practice several years ago to provide clients more choices as they seek to resolve legal disputes arising from the dissolution of a marriage. He has now successfully completed more than 60 cases, and continues to learn new ways to creatively engage clients facing some of the most difficult decisions in their lives. David is a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP), the Virginia Collaborative Professionals, and the Central Virginia Collaborative Professionals.